Yoga Down Under About

This blogg details the journey of AdagioYoga: A German yogi, living Down Under and taking the world in a storm - one step at a time!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Stef: Corfu - 2nd day OR when your world is turned upside down

Second day in Corfu - focus is fully on Acrobatics. My back is feeling so much better after a full day of loving Thai massages, but still not 100% fit for basing yet - and given that we have so much to go, I am choosing to pace myself.. Mh... not really one of my strengths, but one continuously learns, right?

We start the day with the Acrobatic Asana practice - strong, fiery, full of explosion! The room is hyped when we finish with tightness drills, and it is beautiful to see this different energy today.. The first group practice after breakfast is filled with basic flying in same size trios, and in the second practice we get divided into acrobatic working groups that will stay the same over the remainder of the course. For the first time in my AcroYoga life, I am a flyer... WOW.

I have asked for transformation, I have asked for change, and I have asked for more experience as a flyer. I did. Now it's here - and I'm so scared it takes my breath away for a split second. After two years of basing, I find myself in a position of doing something that I am not only unfamiliar with - but quite blandly speaking: simply afraid of.
It takes me a bit to get used to that thought, and with a longing I can hardly explain I look at the bases around me and wish I could be in their position. The second thought is very simple and clear - I am not well, and I cannot base at the moment without putting my health at risk. And I've asked for it - and should know by now that if you ask for something it will come along - maybe not as you had planned it, but it will. So I go up into my first star, hold the breath, relax and realise it's not so bad. And coming down, I decide something:

I can do this. I can totally do this. I am an awesome base, and I will learn all I need about basing at the right moment and the right time. And for the next two weeks, I will learn to be a good flyer. No, an AWESOME flyer. This is not uncomfortable - this is VERY uncomfortable. And exactly what I need right now. Right here, surrounded by an amazing group of people - who will support me and teach me just what I need to learn right now.

And NOW I feel great. This is it - transformation, change, shaking up the known and dive into the unknown, here I come. Jason mentions today that being nervous about something means you care a lot about doing it right. Well, let's do it right then!
I finish my day with a smile, and sitting here ready for dinner, I have mainly one question on my mind: Now that I am a flyer, should I start cutting back on Tzatziki and second helpings? ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Omg stef I just love u... In fact adore u!!!! I feel like I am right there with u right now sista. I clearly relate to what u write being a base myself... Know that u learning to fly, u are not only doing it for yourself but for every other base that will learn to fly after u. Sending u so much love and support for fostering your new growth. I simply cannot what till u return ...xxx jules

    ReplyDelete